Dukan Diet Consolidation Phase is the third phase of the Dukan Diet. During the Attack phase and the Cruise phase, all foods except lean proteins and vegetables are restricted. The Dukan Diet Consolidation phase brings a much-appreciated return to a small amount of fruits and grains, in addition to “free” celebration meals twice per week.
The purpose of the Dukan Diet Consolidation phase is to stabilize your weight. During this point in a diet, many dieters jump off the wagon and erase all of their good work. This phase was designed to help you slowly ease back into a normal way of eating
Dr. Dukan prescribes that dieters should stay on the Consolidation phase five days for every pound lost. Therefore, if you’ve lost 20 pounds, you should remain on the Consolidation phase for 100 days.
Dukan Diet Consolidation Phase Food List
- All protein from the Attack phase
- All vegetables from the Cruise phase
- 1 serving of fruit per day (excluding bananas, grapes and cherries, which have very high sugar content)
- 2 slices of 100% whole-grain bread per day
- 1.5 ounces of cheese per day
- 2 servings of starchy foods per week (such as potatoes)
- Lam, roat pork and lean ham one to two times per week
- Two celebration meals per week (eat anything you want! As long as you do not binge)
- 1 day of pure protein per week, on the same day every week
A lot of people get super excited about the celebration meals and eat an extraordinary amount of food during them. Although you should definitely indulge and eat the foods you crave, it’s important not to binge. This will throw your diet off track and will make it much easier to go off the diet in the future. Remember that in the next phase, you can eat all you want for six days per week!