I have been craving some international cuisine on this diet, but all of the Indian and Chinese recipes I have utilize a lot of oils. Luckily, this is one of the Dukan Diet Chicken recipes that really does the trick as far as Indian spices are concerned.
This recipe is pretty spicy – consider omitting the red chiles and taking down the chile powder a bit if you aren’t into spicy foods.
Dukan Diet Chicken Recipes – Curry Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 medium onion – pureed
- 1 medium onion – sliced into large chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chile, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala* (see below for a substitute if you don’t have this ingredient)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Puree one of the onions in a food processor. If the onion is too dry, add a bit of water so you get a paste-like texture.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- On the stove, heat the onion puree on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric and cumin. Add a splash or two of water until the mixture forms a thick sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and stir fry on high heat until chicken is cooked through. Again, if it becomes to dry, add a bit of water.
- Add 3/4 c water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in onion chunks and red chiles. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
* If you do not have garam marsala, try this substitute. I used it and could not tell the difference in this Dukan Diet Chicken Recipes.
- Few dashes cumin
- Few dashes paprika
- Dash of cinnamon
- Cash of cayenne pepper
- One bay leaf, crumbled
- Dash of ground cloves