This Dukan Diet meatballs recipe was a lucky find for me. I had made another batch of meatballs from a different recipe and they turned out dry and pretty icky. This recipe was quite different, producing meatballs with the perfect texture and a bit of a kick from the spices.
Dukan Diet Meatballs Recipe – Baked Beef Meatballs
Makes 24 meatballs.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Other spices as desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare baking sheet by covering with aluminum foil and lightly spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and any other desired seasonings.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly stir the spice mixture, beef and 1 egg. The mixture should stick together but should not be too wet. Add the additional egg if needed for moisture.
- Shape the meat mixture into golf ball sized balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until center is cooked through.
- Can be served with nonfat yogurt on any day of the diet or with tomato sauce on protein + vegetable days.
Be sure to taste the spice mixture before you stir it into the beef. I found that it wasn’t spicy enough for my taste, so I doubled the red pepper flakes. Of course, you can leave them out completely if you don’t like spicy foods.
I had 1.5 pounds of ground beef on hand so this recipe made about 36 Dukan Diet meatballs. I was so hungry after they were done that I ate them straight off the baking sheet with no additional sauces or spices! These would be great on a protein + vegetable day with some fresh tomatoes or leeks.
Let me know how your Dukan Diet Meatballs turn out!